Monday, July 14, 2008

The Magical Mystery Of Numbers

I’ve always had an interest in numbers; not so much numerology, but how they can be seemingly magical. Well, take the number 9 for instance. Anytime you multiply any number by the number 9, the correct answer of the number will ALWAYS add up to 9. Example: 9 x 9 = 81 (8 + 1 = 9), 9 x 632 = 5688 (5 + 6 + 8 + 8 = 27; 2 + 7 = 9). Try it with any number multiplied by 9; the answer will always add up to 9, unless your answer is wrong. This magical trick with 9 is a great way to check to see if the answer is correct!

From what I understand about numerology, its history can be traced back to Greek, Chinese and Egyptian cultures, and has played a role in some Jewish and Christian traditions.

Like astrology, numerology as a practice, has survived quite a while, but astrology seems to have a greater general appeal, so it has been far more popular. I just got an image of a guy from the 70’s, laden with gold jewelry, approaching a woman with the line, “Hey babe, what’s your soul number?” But I digress…

I started thinking about numerology, and thought about getting a book, when I came across, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Numerology. It explains a lot about numerology without getting too complicated. It makes me wonder why astrology became so much more popular than numerology; numerology seems so much easier to figure out on your own!

13 has always been a lucky number for me. My husband and I were in our 13th year of marriage, when our beautiful miracle was born on Friday the 13th of January, 2006. Another cool thing is that when you add up the numbers: 1 (January) + 1 + 3 (for 13) + 2 + 0 + 0 + 6 (for 2006) = 13! My lucky number and my miracle child! When I look-up the number 4 (1+3=4), it has to do with a balance of energies. How cool!

Got a special number? Comments, as always, are welcome!


Web's Best Brain Games

No comments: