The Secret was created by a woman, Rhonda Byrne, who was struggling in her life. Her daughter gave her a book, which lead her on her own spiritual journey to find more information about the successful spiritual and secular leaders throughout history. Once she started to uncover the similarities between them, she came to understand what they all had in common, their secret. No, she does not try to tell people that God is dead. No, she does not tell people they have to shun their own religious beliefs. No, it is not anti-religious.
It is all about the power of positive thinking! Okay, so how many of you just rolled your eyes into the back of your head, because you've heard the "positive thinking" thing about a million times? I know, you think that it just won't work for you because of your unusual circumstances! Well, to that I would say, "You're right!"
Then, I would tell you to read the quote that I have as a subtitle to my blog page. It's a quote from Henry Ford that says, "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." It is a quote that is also used in The Secret. I LOVE that quote! It reminds me that I can choose to think about the good, positive things and people who are a part of my life (and a part of my future), otherwise known as my blessings, OR I can choose to dwell on the negative things, illnesses, people, wrongs that have happened, or could potentially happen.
What The Secret has taught me, which is different from other "positive thinking" stuff I have learned about in the past, is that if I'm given a choice to say, "I can" and attract the things I really want, verses saying, "I can't" and attracting the things I don't want, why not say, "I CAN!"?
For example, instead of thinking about the things you don't want to happen, start thinking about the things you want to happen. An example they use in The Secret
The Secret

No comments:
Post a Comment